Re: Speakers

Riley McDowall wrote:

> >6x9's in front are kind of  big.  what kind of  sound are looking for?  I
>
> I'd like to see how 6x9's could be installed up front...there's not a
> chance you could put them in the doors without major major work, and
> there's no room in the kickpanels to fit 6.5's, let alone 6x9's.

	I had to get my panels fabricated for me.  They come out a couple of
inches from the wall in either bottom outside corner of the cockpit, but
they do not get in the way at all.  It cost $225 to get them made up,
but from the outside of the car (and from the inside at night) you
cannot see them.  They're wrapped in matching black carpet, so it looks
like it could be stock.

> You might be able to mount them under the dash, but again you're looking at major
> work.

	If you think the rear deck would rattle, just imagine the front
dash!!!  I really don't think anything should be mounted up front
(speakers, that is) unless they're tweeters, or 3.5".  With all the
loose stuff in the ashtray, the glove, etc., the rattling would drive me
nuts.

jason
87 16V