VW owners are being ripped off...

 I recently bought a 1977 Mercedes Benz 300D, and I am still trying to
sell teh Scirocco. I bought the Mercedes for better fuel economy, better
quality, craftsmanship, comfort, etc... What I was expecting though, was
an increase in parts prices as compared to VW parts. And guess what....
Most parts that wear and need to be fixed in an old car (shocks, brakes,
and many others) are cheaper for Mercedes than for VWs. I had redone the
brakes in the Rocco, but I just found out that the same job on the Benz
would be 35% cheaper! Sheetmetal is also cheaper. A new fender for the
Rocco is close to $300 new. For the Benz it is $210. A Radiator for the
Rocco was $345. For the Benz it is $170. I think people who sell (or the
people who make ) VW parts are ripping off VW costumers. Isn't Volkswagen
"the people's car"? And isn't MB a rich man's car? Well, it seems like
you need to be a richman to fix VWs, while MB's cost less to fix for two
reasons: they brake less and cheaper parts.

--Ren