Re: 16V head criticizms

Jay Docherty wrote:

> Guys we mustn't forget here, that the stock 16v we know and love was
> not designed with "peak performance" in mind.

Jay, my man!  Don't sell your 16valve short!  I can't think of many cars
of similar price, displacement, etc.from 1986-88 that were worthy to
carry the 16 valve's jock strap!  1986 CRX? Integra? Impulse?
Omni?...HA!  A cross-flow head, hardened valve seats and a list of other
engineering advancements make the 16valve as much of an advancement in
engine design as the VR6 (and people piss and moan about that one too,
just like that 'expert' guy 'humpin Drake like an alley cat on a full
moon.  8 valve and 16 valve motors are both fun and both can be made to
scream.  'nuff said.

Jim Buck
Vwpride@mixi.net