Re: 16V head criticizms

> From:          Stephy G <gillS1@zianet.com>
> To:            Josh Clark <joshc@garden.net>
> Subject:       Re: 16V head criticizms

> > again...LACKING?
>
> Yep, at the LOW end.  Of course, the Scirocco, once it gets going, can
> outgo an 8V.  Yep, I meant the low end.

Guys we mustn't forget here, that the stock 16v we know and love was
not designed with "peak performance" in mind.  Believe it not VW has to
cater to other people besides enthusiasts when they design a car.
They also have to try to make a car that appeals to
everyone(including grandma's, family's, cheapo's, etc).  Thats what
Volkswagen mean, right?  The peoples car.  Not lets race camaros car,
just the peoples car.

I'm sure if VW really wanted to they could have made the 16v alot
better from the performance asspect.  But they had to worry about
things like gas milage and reliablilty.

I'm also sure that at least one of the aftermarket 16v are better
from the performance asspect then the stock 16v.  After the tuners
don't have to worry about things like realibily and gas milage.

Cool

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...