Re: still learning

There should be five or six bolts in the intake.  I'm sure, but I
know its not 4.  Is the engine out?  How much room do you have?  Did
you remove the exhaust manifold?  You could try taking a allen wrench
one size bigger and pounding it in.  You could try using an american
size allen wrench.  You could try taking a common screw driver and
pounding it on, then snap vicegrips to it and try turning it.  You
could try torching the bolts head and smacking the head off with a
hammer, then take vice grips and remove the stub.  I'm assuming the
head is in the car and you can't fit a drill behind it.  If its out
of the car the possabilties are endless.

Incase you havn't noticed I have encountered this before.

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
             http://idt.net/~volkswgn