Re: CIS-e, mixture adjustment

In a message dated 97-05-22 23:42:59 EDT, kdbinney@juno.com (Kyle D Binney)
writes:

<< I have seen in the bently that you set the mixture by plugging a harness
 into the fuel distributor on CIS-e cars and taking a reading with a
 multitester.  My question is, has anyone seen or does any one have this
 thing.

Yes I have the harnesses and tester ( Fluke 8088 multimeter ) all $400 of it.
But the tester that connects by the fuel distributer is if your injection
CIS-E which means you have a differential pressure regulater. It's measured
in milliamps in line.

I want to get one but if I can just chop a couple harnesses

You won't find the male end in any harnesses but can find plenty of females

 connectors off junks and splice wires to get the same result I would just
 as soon do that.

 Anybody know?

 Thanks,
 Kyle
 -- >>

Also note that CIS/KE Jetronic cars like 81-84 rabbits and Sciroccos also
have a duty cycle test connection that can be measured to set computer
mixture and check enrichment cycles too. All you need for that is dutymeter
or a dwell meter and a calculater.

NJScirGTX