A/C probs

All roc enthusiasts:

I recently got my hands on an '87 Scirocco 8V. I put new Boge Turbo Gas all
around and new Yokohama AVID MD-H4 tires. Overall good ride and
performance. I replaced the strut bearings, bushings, and bump stops on the
front, but I seem to be getting a clunking sound. The kind one gets when
the strut bearings are shot. Intermittent though, I don't get it going over
every bump.

In addition, when I run my air conditioner at idle, I don't have any probs.
If I run it while driving, when I come to a stop, the idle stabilizer has
to kick in to prevent the car from stalling.

Any thoughts on these probs? H2O is the way to go. Thanks!!!

Regards,
Paul Hanley