Re: wheel no-no's.

OK one more tip. DO NOT CHROME PLATE WHEELS. My friend who worked a Nissan
USA told me that 300ZX wheels will break if chromed. A friend of mine that
I work with wanted his Stealth RT Turbo stock wheels to look cool. I told
him that if you do this chrome plate bit you may crack or break your
wheels. Well my friend did not take this advice and he did it.  His front
wheels both cracked! The cracks are about 1"-2" on each spoke at the hub.
He is still driving on them at speeds of 150 mph!  One of thes days it will
all be over for him. Chrome wheels look like steel to me. I like an alloy
look.

BTW I have the  "Sparco Racing Wheels" that look like  NS- II or a RSI
Competition.
Shoud I ditch them? The RS II from BBS and TSW Hochenheim R have thinner
spokes than mine. Mine are still good (no cracks). I got them because they
looked kinda like a GTI wheel and 15" tires have more size options. I see a
bunch of Hondas with these wheels all the time. I would like a stock
looking 15"  German wheel that looked like it was designed for my Scirocco.
The newer designs are too round in the rim. And the big question is, what
rim has the best offset?

Street wheels  that I think look good on MK2's:
All 14" GTI wheels
Audi  Coupe GT Wheels
TSW EVO 15" and 16"
TSW Imoia 15" and 16"
Azev B 15" and 16"
NS-II 15" and 16"
RS II from BBS 15" and 16"

I don't think I am going to just rush out and get them.
                                                     ________
Doug                                        /                     \
87 16v silver Scirocco      OO (_____) OO