Misc questions.

Hi Folks-
  Well, At long last I got my project scirroco to run last night.
I'm pumped!  Now it's time to evaluate what I've got.  The first thing I
noticed is that it's hard to find/get into first gear.  I haven't
changed the tranny fluid yet, so I that's the first thing I'll do there.
Any recommendations?  How about redline MTL?  Is this standard tranny
behavior for VW's or possibly a sign of shot synchros/other problems?
(Sorry, this is my first VW).

  I also need an exhaust to pass inspection.  Sounds like the techtonics
is the system of choice.  Anyone got techtonics number handy?

  Once I get these two items out of the way, as well as changing all the
other fluids and filters, and a complete tune-up, I'll be ready to
pepper you guys with more questions ;-).  Can't wait to tear into the
suspension, do the rollcage and head for the track in it!  WaHooooooo!
			Thanks!
			Arthur
ps Please copy me on your response as I get the digest and won't see
   another 'til monday.
--
Arthur L. Hunt                       SAS Institute Inc
snoalh@unx.sas.com                   (919) 677-8000 x6876