Re: autobahn's body kits

Ilias Glavinas wrote:

> On Sun, 11 May 1997, Josh Clark wrote:
>
> > > has anybody seen one of this?
> > > has anybody a picture of a rocco 2 that has one of this
> >
> > Well they're exact copies of Kamei's body kits so if you've ever seen an  X1 Scirocco
> > body kit that's what the Autobahn kit looks like.  There are pictures on the Scirocco
> > web site.  I don't know anything about the quality though.
>
> Well, I can tell you that I got the front spoiler from Autobahn designs.
> It was made of fiber glass, and the frustrating thing about it is that as
> soon as you lightly touch or scrape something with the bottom of your
> spoiler it chips into little pieces, instead of simply being "sanded". It
> is not as flexible as the ABS plastic (which the Kamei kit is made of).
> As a result, after 5-6 months the edges of my spoiler had about 1-2 cubic
> inches of stuff fallen off. It is almost inevitable that your spoiler
> will touch ground no matter how careful you are (especially if you have
> lowering springs in your car like I do), so I suggest you go with the
> Kamei kit (it is not that expensive; I bought the front spoiler only for
> $190).

Where did you get the Kamei spoiler at? I was thinking of getting the
autobahn spoiler,$160.00, but if the Kamei spoiler is only $30.00 more I
think I will get the better one.  I saw that New Dimensions has them on
their price list, but I wasn't sure if they had them anymore. I would
like to put the Kamei front spoiler on my car with the 16v wheel arches,
sideskirts and rear valence.  It will take some modifications but I
think it would look pretty cool.

						Ryan Bailey
						85 Scirocco