Re: Hello and??????

At 19:29 5/9/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>I also wanted to ask if anyone knows if the above mentioned engine is calif.
>>smog legal in the 81s. I may just use part off it.
>
>Whats the code on the block?? Whatever it is, im sure as long as you have a
>cat, it should pass smog.
>HTH!
>
>Shawn

Don't they check engine numbers on water cooled cars? I've heard hooro
stories about
people in California having to REPLACE Beetle engines because the block's
number did not
match some master book in the smog check place...

Why they don't just change the number is beyond me, if the inspector wants a
certain
number, give it to him!

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net