Race car insurance?

When ever I go to races at a track or at autocrosses people bring
cars on trailers.  Sometimes these cars appear to be just daily
drivers on a trailer (licence plates, passenger seats, no wacky
stickers or anything).  But most of the time the cars in tow are full
blown race cars.  My question is, do these people pay insurance on
the car?  I know they have to register it but what about insurance?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...
             http://idt.net/~volkswgn