Re:found VW pickup for sale

Yesterday I saw an 81 VW Pickup for sale.  It looks pretty rough, and
>hasn't been on the road since about '91.  Supposedly needs a timing
>belt.  It's diesel.  Asking $250.
>
>I am slightly interested in the truck.  I don't know if it is an A1, or
>its own breed.  How difficult is it to find parts for it?
>
>Seems I remember someone on this list who has one of these
>trucks....Could you comment on anything in particular I should check?

The trucks are just the front end of a rabbit with a bed in the rear,
instead of a back seat and hatch. It is an A1 I guess. The parts shouldn't
be too hard to find scince a lot of Diesel rabbit parts will be compatible.
I'd like to own one someday.

Keith Scharwath