Re: hi & help

At 10:23 PM 5/7/97 -0700, rdouglas@bellsouth.net wrote:
>Hello to everyone on the list!
>
>First post from a new subscriber and I already have a question!  I have an 82
>scirocco (bought it new off the lot 15 years ago this month-approaching
180k miles).
> The problem is electrical.  The front and rear wipers, the oil temp gauge,
and the
>heater/ac blower all mysteriously quit at the same time.  Any ideas on a
single
>problem that would affect all four of these?  Fuses are ok.  Haven't
checked any
>relays yet.  Help. I'm mechanically inclined, not electrically.
>
>Randy
>--
>
>This could possibly be due to corrosion inside the fuse block/relay plate.
Have you experienced any water leakage on the driver's side? Some older
models with the radio antenna mounted on the left fender tended to have
leaks through the ant. cable grommet. Other leak sources could be an old
windshield gasket(my problem on my '87) or a clogged drain to the left of
the wiper motor.
      HTH
 Gerry '87 16v