Re: hi & help

In a message dated 97-05-08 02:49:25 EDT, rdouglas@bellsouth.net writes:

<<
 Hello to everyone on the list!

 First post from a new subscriber and I already have a question!  I have an
82
 scirocco (bought it new off the lot 15 years ago this month-approaching 180k
miles).
  The problem is electrical.  The front and rear wipers, the oil temp gauge,
and the
 heater/ac blower all mysteriously quit at the same time.  Any ideas on a
single
 problem that would affect all four of these?  Fuses are ok.  Haven't checked
any
 relays yet.  Help. I'm mechanically inclined, not electrically.

 Randy
 --
 Sound like one of two problems:

Either the X-load relay is bad or the X-load portion of you ignition switch
is bad.
When I bought my scirocco I had a bad X spot in the ignition switch. Try a
new relay they are about $14.00. Its  the relay just above fuses 6&7.

Steve
MAINElyVW1@aol.com
MainelyMetric
VW Parts and Repair