Re: hi & help

>Hello to everyone on the list!
>
>First post from a new subscriber and I already have a question!  I have an 82
>scirocco (bought it new off the lot 15 years ago this month-approaching
180k miles).
> The problem is electrical.  The front and rear wipers, the oil temp gauge,
and the
>heater/ac blower all mysteriously quit at the same time.  Any ideas on a
single
>problem that would affect all four of these?  Fuses are ok.  Haven't
checked any
>relays yet.  Help. I'm mechanically inclined, not electrically.
>
>Randy

Look for water on the floor behind/under the front seats. sometimes the
metal underneath the windshield rusts and water leaks into the cabin. If
the water gets on the fuse box and realays, it could cause many electrical
problems. It has been happennig to me for a couple years, and supposedly
needs to be welded to permanentaly fix it, which would cost more than the
car is worth. If you catch it early, it may be cheaper.

Keith Scharwath