Re: brake lights

Thanks to all for the info on the brakes...I'll check the ones at the MC
first and then if that's not the problem, then I'll check the one on the
pedal assembly.  I'll give you an update Monday...

Thanks again,

Dale

85 8v
"The Silver Bullet"

On Fri, 9 May 1997, Shawn C. Meze wrote:

> At 10:14 AM 5/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm having trouble with my brake lights not working.  I checked the fuses,
> >but i haven't yet checked the switch (which is of course located
> >underneath all that damn dashboard plastic).  Does anyone have any
> >suggestions to what else it may be?  People are getting pissed at me b/c i
> >have no brake lights.  I don't want a rear-end smear on my precious car.
> >THanks in Adavance.
> >
> >Dale
> >'85 8v
> >"The Silver Bullet"
> >(That's what my girlfriend's friends call it now after the 100+ mph ride i
> >gave them!!!  :)
>

> I can promise you trhat the problem is NOT gonna be the switch inder the
> dash. Instead, replace the switches that are mounted on the master cylinder.
> Replace both switches (if the switch is indeed bad) as a pair so you know
> there wont be problem in the future. (Pretty cheap to if I recall)
>
> You may want to check the wiring first by jumping the connector (the ones
> that go to the MC brake light switch) and seeing if indeed the brake lights
> come on. Otherwise, your problem is a little more deep seeded.
> HTH!
>

> Shawn

Check out my homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~flounder/
             **