Re: Rice Burners

owners are much more prone to technical discussions; head swapping,
turbocharging.

I agree with this.  Hondas, to me seem like some sort of Automotive couch.
It looks like a small affordable couch on the outside, but turn it over &
its built as lightly as possible to get the job done it needs to do.

Admittedly there is a certain beauty represented in the fact that the
engineers have been able to figure out exactly the strength & size of the
matrials used, and that they have managed to minimize the amount of
materials required.  Hondas are beautifully engineered cars, but they are
not engineered for the long haul, they are engineered to be built easily
and with the minimum amount of materials needed to accomplish the job at
hand.  I feel like they researched out the expected life of a car in some
survey and had their engineers design a car that would last that long.

There are lots of places on my VW were I can see that the engineers decided
to add a little beef in the design.  Things that help a car run & hold
together as long as most of our cars have.  I get the feeling that the
engineers designed stuff to last. Period.

When I look at my VW I see a well engineered car thats tuff & sturdy.  A
car that will be happy to run forever if well maintained.  I see the value
of the time the designers spent to build a great small car.

When I see a Honda I see a well engineered small car thats been designed to
be cheap.  It's like they have to add value to it.

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth
Alan