Re: Re: Positive intake manifold induction

At 06:28 PM 5/1/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>Because we can't go out and buy a vtec engine that goes fast enough as it
>>is?  I mean, let's face it - VWs are slow.  Yes they are.  Even the 16v.

By comparison as to whats on the market, yes, I have to agree. Even the
mildest VW is still slow compared to whats on the roads today.

>>Working on one's car does not imply superiority.

No, not as in a general superiority of A -vs- B. It would make you
superiorly "knowlegable" if you did tho...

>>I don't like the dopey
>>tuba tips and stupid low Hondas (although I do like Hondas as cars).  I
>>don't see the connection between working on your car and hating Honda
>>owners.  That was the question, right?

No. It was the obvious outspoken hatred of Hondas from VW owners inGeneral.
I dont recall any input on hatred towards Honda owners.

>>Shawn asked about the "blatent
>>hatred" VW owners have toward Hondas.  I think it is just great that you
>>work on your car, but I fail to see why your perception of the amount of
>>work Honda owners put into their car should affect whether VW owners
>>"hate" Honda owners.

Thats not my perception. Then again, of all the Honda owners I know, only
one works on it himself. The others take it someplace to be worked on. So,
what does it matter if the owner works on their own car or not? The anwser
should be none.

>>Could the real reason be lack of maturity??

Quite possible. IS the only explanation you can come up with? If this is the
case, kinda sad, dontcha think?

>>Ok, so I've probably rubbed a few of you the wrong way.  Cool.  Here's my
>>take, Tudor style.

Not yet, keep rubbing!  :)

>>Ryan is putting what I feel to be a dumb looking and function free kit on
>>his car, which to me, is about as valuable as a big wing, tubatip, and
>>neon lighting.  I don't hate Ryan for this.  It is his car, and if it
>>floats his boat, cool!  Excellent.  I'm sorta obsessed with the Solo
>>thing, I am slowly realizing that not everyone wants to have a stupidly
>>stiff econobox with a loud exhaust, and Ryan must know that not everyone
>>is into garish body kits.  Nothing personal, I do my thing, he does his,
>>and if I ever have a body question, I'llm probably ask him first.

Well sure, its called having a different taste, a different style and a
different boat floater method. The world would suck if everybody did theirt
car the same way......... wait a minute!! OK, so most Hondas L00K the same,
so could in fact this be a hidden reason why some VW owners dislike Hondas
so very much?? Mannix, your a Genius.... well, you will be once you
graduate...

>>Yeah, the "I smoked a Camaro/Mustang thing."  Uh, no you did'nt.

Uh, yeth I did. :)
I race under my terms, usually. Rarely will I drag race. I know what I dont
got under the hood and therefore, know the end results and dont have to do
it. The races I have participated in and have won, were under my terms, on
roads I knew I would have the complete advantage. My most impressive victory
was against a Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo . It was on MY road, a tight twisty
road and at the time, I thought it was a Honda. (Had I known it was a Z, I
would have not played.) My Scirocco handles better than most any stock
production car. Most honda owners that do modify their cars usually make HP
and cosmetic mods. They almost never do suspension mods. So, even tho I have
only 100 or so HP, I can more than hold my own and even walk away from a few
of the sorts. Especially a big, heavy american built V8.

>>Not if
>>the Camaro/Rustang was trying.  I get in more dragraces with these cars
>>(all these people who I smoke with the Rabbit on the course have to show
>>me that their car IS faster than mine;) than I care to think about, and my
>>Rabbit will NOT keep up with a Camaro/350 or Mustang 5.0.  My Rabbit is
>>not the fastest car in the world, but it is fairly indicative of the
>>"normal" hotrodded VW out there.

True, but there are times when I wanna know what that Mustang or whatever
will do. So, you get beat, so what, but now you know what its capable of.
The last test I did was on a Del Slo.... uh, I mean Del Sol. Its only cap
able of 110. I didnt know this until I went top end with it. My girlfriend
asked me what that was all about, I said,"I was testing that car". She says
"Why"? I say, "I wanted to know what it could do". I thought they were
faster.

>>Dusting some chick in a Corvette at a stoplight does not constitute
>>racing if she is looking for a better radio station.

Hah-hah!! That happened to me the other day, kids in a Tempo! Pulled up to
me at the light and yelled at me, saying they creamed me.... I didnt know we
were racing.... I was setting the clock on my radio! Sheesh!

>>HAR!!!!!!!  OK, I feel better.  Cool.  Bye!
>>Mannix

heh, good, glad your feling better.
Buh-bye, thanks for playing!
Watch yur step.....