Re: Removing Tint

In a message dated 97-03-31 09:41:55 EST, UndrSteer@aol.com writes:

<< My new daily driver has tint on the windows.  I was told that tint shops
 charge a fortune to remove tint.  This would lead me to believe that the
 process of removing tint is a hard one.  Is this true?  Can I get out there
 and do it myself, or are my windows gonna look like hell?

ok, its definately a pain based on other peoples experiences.  I havent tried
to remove tint off a rear window before, I was told it always destroyed the
defroster.  but I have pulled stickers off the inside of windows (those
university things, amongst others) I used benzene to remove the glue after
careful peeling and starting with razor blades.  benzene works great, anyone
ever try it on tint glue? maybe somethings different.

Kyle