Re: Fuel pump relay under dash

At 20:07 3/30/97 -0700, you wrote:

>	Can you elaborate on what kind of a switch it is? Thanks. I wouldn't
>mind taking a look at one of these switches at the wreck yard.

The one I took out of an '85 Ford LTD was a plastic box about 2" square with a
button on top. Two wires coming out. The switch is 'normally closed' so it
shows continuity until tripped. Any good hard shock will trip it, but not
hitting
bumps,etc - it has to be a sharp whack. Once it trips, you can reset it by
pressing
the button. I don't know if GM cars use these, or all Fords, but there's
plenty of
that vintage Ford rusting in the boneyards...You need to look for one with
throttle
body injection, not a carb.

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net