Re: Rear discs, and e brakes

KDBinney@aol.com wrote:

> true, but when you don't want it to the car will still go around.  Ive gotten
> my car VERY sideways a couple times, yes it was a year or so back and I was
> still getting used to the handling of a VW.  I have seen the my friends (esp.
> that honda) pull their cars easily out of very dangerous situations.  being
> able to use a e brake effectively is a great driving skill and can give you
> an advantage over the unexpected.
>
> Kyle

	Driving with the e brake, I had to learn that on the fly!  It was quite
an experience both exhilarating and slightly scary.  One fine sunny day
my master brake cylinder decided to quit while I was on the other side
of town in the middle of an intersection. I think these lessons are best
learned first hand :)  Luckily I made it back ok. I was sure glad I got
new cables for the e brake.  It is a skill that every driver should
learn to use it effectively.
	I'm getting off topic but what the hey :) I wanted to drive a standard
really badly and I didn't know anything about it or the clutch or
shifting.  So I went out and got my first standard car, '80 Datsun
200SX, I couldn't drive it up hill it would stall on me. I took a
different route and before I got home, in second gear all the way, I
stalled five times on three intersections and ground the gears quite a
bit.  For me that was the most learning experience of my driving days.
Soon after I fell in love with my first Scirocco. :)
	Andy