MK1 speedo fun

I was curious if any of the mk1 people on the list have upgraded to
the 140 mph speedo's from the 16v.  I ran across some at the junk
yard today and bought them very cheep.  Looking at the 140 compared 85
it looks like this job is going to be a little tricky.  If possible
at all.  So has anyone done it or know anything about it?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco 16v