Engine vibration

Just an update on the vibration in my car:

1. It does not seem to be isolated to the throttle cable or bushing.
   The vibration is still there when the throttle is operated from the
   throttle body.

2. I do not hear anything 'odd' with the stethoscope, either on the
   accessories or on the block or manifold. The engine sounds get
   faster and a bit louder as RPM climbs, but the vibration comes on
   as before at about 5600 RPM with no 'funny' sounds. When it happens,
   the manifold appears to go 'fuzzy', so I think the whole engine and
   transmission assembly is shaking violently at this point.

I have sidelined the car so I can start on the body work, so will not be
driving it for the next couple of months. If anyone has an idea what
might be the cause of this shaking, please let me know. If it is possibly
the clutch/flywheel assembly or the engine itself, this is a good time for
me to tackle it!

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco