Exhaust manifold and downpipe question.....

Just got an email from a friend that's stripping down a 1981 Jetta for
parts for his pickup project car.   It has a "european manifold and twin
tube downpipe."   Anyone know if this would be a good replacement for
my stock one (1985)? Would it fit?  I would guess I can get it pretty damn
cheep if the word is yes.  I know I've heard to get an early manifold, and
am wondering if this would be the setup.

Opinions?

Thanks!

Greg Davis
1985 Scirocco
Member Cincinnati Volkswagen Club
"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco  (Watch for coming changes and new
                                     products too!)