Re: Belts

In a message dated 97-03-25 18:48:35 EST, bklimek@mayo.edu (Klimek, Bryan J.)
writes:

<< I'm a firsttime owner of a Scirocco. I just purchased a 1985 Scirocco and
 noticed that the belts needed replacing. I had no problem getting the
 alternator belt off. But when I went to remove the belt for the air
conditioner
 I ran into trouble. After I had loosened the bolts I could not get the
 unit to pivot enough to allow enough slack in the belt to get it off.
 Is there some trick I'm missing or is it just being stubborn? Thanks. >>

do 85's have the round or big brick block compressor?  I thought they had the
round one, and if they do the compressor is usually pretty tough to move.  I
get up and stick my foot down there and stand on it (after everything is
loose).  Of course you usually cant get your foot out or lose a a shoe but it
works.  as for the block kinds, well my rabbits air didnt work and I never
bothered to figure it out.

Kyle