Re: Scirocco body parts needed

>Question 1: does anybody have any parts or recommendations?

if no one offers anything, EC just started their 16v Scirocco Project, and
bought body panels from a company in Cali.  Colorado Auto
Salvage--310-671-7764.  They came highly recommended.

>Question 2: do the Euro headlights provide that much of an improvement
aside from their appearance?  Having lost many a headlight to some bastard
in a gravel-filled truck, the idea that the US spec headlights are cheaply
replaceable appeals to me.  What's the scene with the Euro headlights?  $300
every time a rock hits it?

I have had them for almost a year w/ no problems.  I have the high-wattage
bulbs (w/ relays and 12ga wire) and its like the sun is mounted to my grill.
THey are beautiful, too.  I just bought a rock-protectant from "griot's
garage."  It's an adhesive backed vinyl sheet.  Just trim it to the size of
the lights and stick it on.  It looks pretty good--and it claims to be able
to withstand a pellet gun shot from 20 feet or something.  Griots
Garage--800-345-5789

Hope this helps,

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be