Re: Thanks for the advice

Robert S. Minton wrote:

> Well, I just got my 88 Scirocco 16V back from the shop yesterday, and I
> must admit that I'm happy with it.  I know that many of you were
> disapointed that I removed the Sacchs sport suspension in favor of the
> factory suspension, and I can understand and sympathize, but you must
> understand what it's like to drive on a suspension like that on roads
> such as ours. It was painful, not to mention (I think) damaging to other
> parts of the car. (It was also a hassle to go groping around for my
> radar detector after it came flying off the visor).
>         I am, however, intrigued by the Neuspeed Sofsport suspension.  Can
> anybody driving on midwestern potholed roads (I'm in Michigan) vouch for
> it? and is it expensive?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Rob Minton

Hi Robert,

I can't vouch for the SofSport springs but I can give you the price and
write up out my Neuspeed catalog:

NEUSPEED SOFSPORT ROAD SPRINGS

Neuspeed SofSport Springs were designed specifically to fill the need of
vehicle owners who live where there is snow and/or rough roads.  These
springs are a special Neuspeed design that provide a better ride on
rough roada and do not lower the car so you retain ground clearance.
SofSport springs are progressive rate, fit tight between spring caps,
and feature highest quality chrome silicone wire, shot peened for stress
relief, and compression tested.  Better handling with ride quality.

Price:  $189.95 (call for shipping charges)

Order Desk Number:  800-423-3623
Technical Questions:  805-388-7171 (8 - 12 Mon-Fri)

Hours of Operation:  8 - 5  Mon - Fri (Pacific Time)
                     8 - 12 Saturday

P.S.  Progressive springs are designed to become stiffer as they are
compressed in the spring perch under increased loading.

Advantages:

1.  Smooth ride under nearly all conditions
2.  Precision handling and responsiveness
3.  Smooth transition from straight-line comfort to high
    performance handling under all conditions

* Courtesy of Autotech catalog

Hope this helps.

Steph