Re: Models

In a message dated 97-03-21 01:31:34 EST, Aventari@cts.com (aventari) writes:

<<
 At 10:16 PM 3/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
 >What is the difference between the Scirocco, Scirocco GTI, and Scirocco
 >S for the MK1?  I don't think I've ever seen an 'S', or a GTI except for
 >the Rabbits.
 >--

 Well The S model was better seats (recaro designed) a front air damn,
 blacked out trim (no chrome) and mine has red accents.
 They dont have the GTI in america, so i dont know what it is. They also have
 the Scirocco Storm in europe which looks bad ass!

 Kevin '81 Scirocco S

 --

I think the Scirocco S had a sun roof too. didn't it?

For the GTi my partner owns one. The VIN number even proves that. The GTi as
it's badged on the back ( with the lower case i ) has the recaro seats, front
air damn, and red accents as the S. But it also has a differant fuel
distributer, thin edge air flow sensor, euro manifold, differant gearing,
head, cam and HP. Still with a 1.6L. We aren't sure about wheels etc. The
speedo is in Km too. How it cane to the states we have no clue.

The other thing about it is the fuel filler and non-cat stickers! and its an
80 too first year for cats on VW by law.

Steve Toughill
MAINElyVW@aol.com
84 Scirocco GTX
88 Fox