Re: Strut tool

In a message dated 97-03-21 01:46:45 EST, trnsfrma@ix.netcom.com (Shawn C.
Meze) writes:

<<
 At 01:02 AM 3/21/97 +0000, you wrote:
 >I am going to be changing the springs on my mk1 soon.  I was read
 >reading the bently and it says you need a special tool to remove the
 >slotted nut on top of the strut.  Is there anyway around it or do you
 >have to buy it?

 I believe the slotted nut only came on the A2 cars. You should have no
 problem getting the strut assy apart as long as you have the right
 tools. (impact gun and a spring compressor, although I have done it
 without either of them.)

Shawn is absolutly correct! Only the A2's have the sloted nut. Meaning Golf,
Jetta, and Corrado. It excludes The MK2's since they are still A1's.

Steve Toughill
MAINElyVW1@aol.com
84 Scirocco GTX
88 Fox