Re: Models MK1

----------
> From: vegabond@ix.netcom.com
> To: scirocco-l@privatei.com
> Subject: Models
> Date: Thursday, March 20, 1997 9:16 PM
>
> What is the difference between the Scirocco, Scirocco GTI, and Scirocco
> S for the MK1?  I don't think I've ever seen an 'S', or a GTI except for
> the Rabbits.

OK, the "Scirocco" (75-81) was just a plain jane no frills kinda car with
chrome revel moldings, chrome trim on the grill & front emblem, silver
bumper tape (78&up) ,& silver stripe on the side mldgs. some of them also
had the tan/brown dash / interior & the everso lovely wood grain dash
insert & trim.

The "Scirocco GTI" just like the "S" was perty rare (part of 79 only) Iv'e
only seen a couple floating around LA. (Yes I DID check the vin # to
verify) Didn't believe it myself
The "Scirocco S" (80-81)was the sport model with black & red trim instead
of chrome, Recaro sport style seats , black dash insert , Passenger side
manual remote mirror ,& a front spolier
What I & everyone can't seem to understand is why the "S"'s never came
with MORE HORESPOWER. Seems logical to make the sport model a little more
pepy.

POTTERMAN