Re: Euro Bumpers!

>As was previously stated:
>>>	Euro bumpers DO give protection in a collision.  After all, they
>>>work fine for the non-US world.  The reason the US bumpers are so huge is
>>>to meet the Fed's 5mph collision requirement (which is meant to keep
insurance
>>>claims down).  Think about it...how many times have you ever been hit or
>>>hit something???  When was the last time you hit a wall at 5mph?  The fact
>>>is, if you're a good driver i.e. AWARE, you shouldn't have any problems.

>Guess what...That is why they are called "Accidents."  It is foolish to
believe that >being aware will save you, your passengers, and your beloved
car from everything.  >My best friend bought an 87 16v last year because he
liked mine soooo much.  Two >months later he totaled it after he lost it
going 95 mph through some pretty fun turns >in Buffalo NY.  His stock bumper
took on a 9inch wide tree and became L >shaped.He gave me the car to
dismantle with the stipulation that I got all the parts >but had to do the
work to get his other scirocco running.

OOPS. sorry guys. I sent that before I was finished. premature emailuation.

    Anywho, sorry if I am sounding a little  harsh, but I am simply trying to
say that we feel that big ugly bumper did a lot to help absorb the impact
that the smaller one can't.  The day I got the car's remains into my garage
was the day I decided those euro bumpers weren't worth the risk.  He and his
passenger walked away untouched and I got a transmission for mine which had
been off the road for months.
just my $.01 worth

-->DAN MAY
-->87 16v Scirocco