Re:Euro Bumpers!

As was previously stated:
>>	Euro bumpers DO give protection in a collision.  After all, they
>>work fine for the non-US world.  The reason the US bumpers are so huge is
>>to meet the Fed's 5mph collision requirement (which is meant to keep
insurance
>>claims down).  Think about it...how many times have you ever been hit or
>>hit something???  When was the last time you hit a wall at 5mph?  The fact
>>is, if you're a good driver i.e. AWARE, you shouldn't have any problems.

Guess what...That is why they are called "Accidents."  It is foolish to
believe that being aware will save you, your passengers, and your beloved car
from everything.  My best friend bought an 87 16v last year because he liked
mine soooo much.  Two months later he totaled it after he lost it going 95
mph through some pretty fun turns in Buffalo NY.  His stock bumper took on a
9inch wide tree and became L shaped.He gave me the car to dismantle with the
stipulation that I got all the parts but had to do the work to get his other
scirocco running.