Re: Euro Bumpers!

	Euro bumpers DO give protection in a collision.  After all, they
work fine for the non-US world.  The reason the US bumpers are so huge is
to meet the Fed's 5mph collision requirement (which is meant to keep insurance
claims down).  Think about it...how many times have you ever been hit or
hit something???  When was the last time you hit a wall at 5mph?  The fact
is, if you're a good driver i.e. AWARE, you shouldn't have any problems.
	I've had my license and been driving my VW for 3 years, I've yet
to put a scratch on it (or get a ticket/pulled over :-> (knock on wood)  This
includes driving in Atlanta and Boston (and inbetween) for the past year
or so!!
	I remember reading on this list a few months ago about a guy who
removed the metal US bumpers and only used a few metal supports to keep
the hollow plastic shell on.  It worked fine for him.

Just my 2 pennies worth,

James A. Gardiner
Internet: jg140@prism.gatech.edu

'85 'rocco