Re: Mk1 better than Mk2? Okay, Okay!

At 10:52 PM 3/18/97 -0800, you wrote:

>Okay, Coach!  (yah right!)

Ahhhhhhhhh!! LOL! It took me an hour to calm down enough to reply. You crack me
up!

>Seriously, you had some nice things to say
>while you were riding with me and I'm sure that made some impact on the
>outcome of the race.  One example was "HOLY SHIT, HORSEPOWER"

I believe *I* said that while I was driving your Rocco on my first run with you
in the car with me. Kinda makes getting back in my car rather boring!

>That's right, an understatement.  It's a little too big for it's britches.  With
>the roco, it's all in learning how to tame it.  Which is no comparison to
>your roco which needs brakes desparately.

Thats right, I was able to turn in a faster time with less HP, a bent rear
swaybar bracket and a bad master cylinder. Mr. Potter, Would you CARE to explain
to the rest of the list as to why you ran a full second and a half SLOWER than my
time on our private 4 lap shootout on saturdays practice? Well? Eh Mike??  :-D

>So let's see your times driving the beast.

Well, considering this was my 4th lap ever in your car, its understandable that I
am not as capable as you would be in your car. Oh, I get to turn this around and
ask you the same thing. What was your time driving my car? 76.XXX???  :-P

>It's sooooo much easier to drive as a passenger isn't it
>Shawn!!!!!   Boy has your car come a long way though, thanks to the
>wonderful expertise of Yours Truly!  Maybe I shouldn't have sold you that
>engine and those race springs.

Well, there is some give and take. If memory serves me correctly, you pushed me
to get the springs/shocks. And if my memory is still working, am I not the BEST
customer you have ever had? I thought so!  :-P

>Oh Yah, Shawn, I didn't see that rear seat in your car either,  Mannix,
>any comment here?

Hey now, that ragedy rear seatback was in the car! I weighed it and it is just
8lbs. Big savings there. Up until the addition of the roll bar, the seat would
fly around back there. Now its firmly stuck in the upright position!

>Brag about what Shawn?  I'll never give you the glory!  Maybe you should
>drive my EStock car sometime.  I was only about a second away from you
>buddy in the slow car.  So?  Who's the instructor here?  I'm a little
>confused.  Mr. Shawn Meze  The Ultimate Autocross Trainer!  Right!  Yah,
>that's it!  I like that title for you.  See, your not just a shipper!  You
>are multitalented.  (The BOSS had to throw that one in).  Boy, are we
>being mean to you.  This is PICK ON SHAWN DAY!  Just having a little fun
>buddy, don't cry, it's alright!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
heh-heh! You crack me up man! I wondered how long it would take you to respond to
that old post! Sure Id love to drive the legal E-Stock 16V GTi on the autox
course. Naturally, you'll need to install a CAT on the exhaust and replace the
headers and maybe disconnect the eligal black box you have on the car not to
mention the 2.1L block you snuck under the hood and what about the NOS bottle in
the trunk, are you gonna remove that too and what about the ballanced and
blueprinted engine and the eligal swaybars? Is that legal in E-stock? Mike?
Buddy??

>Oh yah, can I use those R1's again? PLEEEEEEZZZZZZZ!  Or maybe you don't
>want to give me anymore ammunition.  Hmmmmm.  Okay, where's the number for
>Tire Rack.

Hey, you liked the R-1's eh? Are you gonna give Mannix a testimonial as to how
good they are over the A008RS's?

>POTTERMAN
>"Just an average AutoXXer looking for some helpful hints!"  HA HA

You were on a roll! Kudos dude!

>MANNIX,
>
>When are you gonna show up and give Shawn and Randy some real VW
>Competition?

Ya?? When? Mike cant beat either of us, so we will be looking for a few fast
drivers? ya- thats it allrighty....

       :-D
:-P Shawn :-P
       :-D