Re: Mk1 better than Mk2? Okay, Okay!

Shawn said:

 Anybody can point and shoot. Lets talk about todays aautox shootout at
the
 Murph, shall we?? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

heh-heh, how that go, oh yah! "He who has the fastest time, WINS!"

Okay, Coach!  (yah right!)  Seriously, you had some nice things to say
while you were riding with me and I'm sure that made some impact on the
outcome of the race.  One example was "HOLY SHIT, HORSEPOWER"  That's
right, an understatement.  It's a little too big for it's britches.  With
the roco, it's all in learning how to tame it.  Which is no comparison to
your roco which needs brakes desparately.  So let's see your times driving
the beast.  It's sooooo much easier to drive as a passenger isn't it
Shawn!!!!!   Boy has your car come a long way though, thanks to the
wonderful expertise of Yours Truly!  Maybe I shouldn't have sold you that
engine and those race springs.

Oh Yah, Shawn, I didn't see that rear seat in your car either,  Mannix,
any comment here?

 So this is for all of you who think just because your in a lower class,
 (DSP) with a stock JH motor, you cant compete with a car in a higher
class
 (SM) with a RD motor with a worked head pumping 140+ HP in a car that is
300
 lbs lighter. The cars, my 82 DSP Scirocco and the Pottermans 80' SM
 Scirocco. Today was the day of our showdown. We had our own private gun
 battle at the saturday autox practice event in San Diego. After 4 runs,
my
 time of 74.441 was fast enough to beat the Pottermans time of 76.luzer!
Or
 was it a 75 second run. Ah well, doesnt matter. It was slower and thats
all
 that really mattered today.

> I gotta say, on Mikes behalf that with a couple runs with me in the car
and
> my own setup changes set on his Scirocco, he was able to squeeze off a
very
> fast 72.455 with ME in the car! His car is much, much faster than my car
is,
> theres no dispute there. It just needs more time to dial into the
course. OK
> Mike, I gloated. I cant seem to rub that in anymore.
>
> Geez, I hope I can have as much fun tomorrow as I did today!
>
> (Ya, im bored....just wanted to share....and brag!)

Brag about what Shawn?  I'll never give you the glory!  Maybe you should
drive my EStock car sometime.  I was only about a second away from you
buddy in the slow car.  So?  Who's the instructor here?  I'm a little
confused.  Mr. Shawn Meze  The Ultimate Autocross Trainer!  Right!  Yah,
that's it!  I like that title for you.  See, your not just a shipper!  You
are multitalented.  (The BOSS had to throw that one in).  Boy, are we
being mean to you.  This is PICK ON SHAWN DAY!  Just having a little fun
buddy, don't cry, it's alright!

Oh yah, can I use those R1's again? PLEEEEEEZZZZZZZ!  Or maybe you don't
want to give me anymore ammunition.  Hmmmmm.  Okay, where's the number for
Tire Rack.

POTTERMAN
"Just an average AutoXXer looking for some helpful hints!"  HA HA

MANNIX,

When are you gonna show up and give Shawn and Randy some real VW
Competition?