Re: Wholesale performance parts!

> > Hey everyone! I am sending this out so i can get some feed back on the
> > following idea.  I want to set up a "club" for all you performance
> > enthusiasts... for now because this idea is in the beta stages it will
> > be only for VW's, if this apeals to anyone, it will be later open up to
> > any import enthusiast.  I have a friend who has been in the performance
> > industry for quite sometime. He has just opened a performance shop here
> > in BC, Canada.  He will be the major sponsor for this "idea" i have, but
> > hopefully, through his MANY connections with other company's, if the
> > club becomes of interest to anyone, other company's will decide to come
> > in.
>
> The first thing you need to consider is competition. Right now there is a huge
> amount of competition in this market. Taging onto a current "shop" is a novel
> idea, but why not the shop be the club instead of having a middleman? (You) Im
> not picking on you, just being realistic about your questions while answering, on
> your request.

well to answer this question, essentially the shop will pobably be the
club...i am
just the organizer of the whole thing, not a middle man.

> > MY IDEA
> >
> > I want to form sort of a new VW club. İLocally here in BC would probably
> > be ideal for most people;
>
> I disagree. Most people *dont* live in BC for the scale your talking about. For
> someone who is trying to initialize a club for "everyone", you are already
> aleinating people. Start off small, locally in BC and if the popularity of your
> club grows and there is a demand for it, expand your chapter into a new town,
> country. Like that, see?

i plan to do exactly this.

> Another point is that most people like to get together in clubs (for the most
> part) so somebody in florida might not want to make the trek up to Canada for
> one. Another problem is shipping your parts to customers in the good ol' U.S. of
> friggin' "A". It might take much longer than most merkinz wanna wait for the
> parts. For example, they mighty opt for buying parts from a more local location
> like Velocity or Strictly, depending on the coast they're on. .........That kind
> of thing.

that is the choice of the buyer... sacrafice a wait for a good price.

> >  however, it is open to people with VW's
> > anywhere.  With this club a fee (of some unknown amount right now) will
> > be charged to join, and with that membership fee the following would be
> > included (these are just a few ideas):

> > My friend is very well connected and well versed in this industry like i
> > said.  He will do price matching, so if you guys wanna test me out, just
> > email me with a list of parts and prices and i will bet you i can beat
> > the pricing.
>

> Im curious as to how you are gonna profit from this? Your friend is gonna pay a
> price, has to charge a % to make a profit and then you resale it to the public or
> are you simply the customer director? (Will send potential customers to him)

i am actually his liason... or customer director as you say, but i am
simply just
trying to generate some business for him to get him off his feet.

> > I can get just about ANYTHING you could imagine.  SPAX, Neuspeed (he is
> > very good friends with Aaron Neuman), Jamex, Remus, SuperSprint, Genie,
> > Schrick... ANYTHING
>
> So can most everyother club/speedshop/indipendant aftermarket parts dealer. What
> can you offer the VW enthusiast that nobody else can? Thats the key......

noted... good point!

> > PS. I would just like to add that we are in the process of making a
> > price list, so until it is finished i won't be able to get back to you
> > right away with prices... however; just email me, and i will get back to
> > you as soon as possible... (march 17/97)
>
> Just a thought, but if I lived in BC, why would I buy from you, if I could buy it
> cheaper from your buddy?

because you probably can't buy it cheaper!

i really appriciate your input on the subject. You have really raised a
few good
points. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

--

Trev
'93 Corrado VR6 Red