Re: Vibration

At 07:08 AM 3/18/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I have a question - after weeks of kibbitzing..
>
>Around 5600 RPM, my engine has a strong vibration that comes on quickly
>and is felt strongly in the gas pedal. It seems to get a bit less as you
>pass through 5700 RPM, but I am afraid to push my luck. The motor is smooth
>as glass otherwise.
>
>Does this sound like a balance problem? Accessories? Exhaust? I will try a
>few experiments this coming weekend, but would like to know if this has been
>seen before
>
>Thanks
>
>Chuck Kuecker

What's up, Chuck!

I wondered if anybody else had experienced this. In my experience, it would
buzz the gas pedal severely right at redline, something that I used in
autoxing as my "rev limiter/shift indicator". Then one day I was under the
dash and discovered that there is a bushing that the throttle cable fits into
the pedal that was missing. (Well, I didnt descover it, the Potterman
found/replaced it) and now it doesnt buzz anymore.
I've seen 8K a bunch of times on the track. Especially last saturday when I
was spanking the potterman's Scirocco!
Anyway, check to see if that bushing is gone, its not made from good material
that lasts very long. The replacement he got for me is of a different
material, you might want to ask Mike about a P/N for the one he got me.

Hope this helped!

Shawn