Vibration

I have a question - after weeks of kibbitzing..

Around 5600 RPM, my engine has a strong vibration that comes on quickly
and is felt strongly in the gas pedal. It seems to get a bit less as you
pass through 5700 RPM, but I am afraid to push my luck. The motor is smooth
as glass otherwise.

Does this sound like a balance problem? Accessories? Exhaust? I will try a
few experiments this coming weekend, but would like to know if this has been
seen before

Thanks

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net