Re: Fuel economy

At 08:44 14.03.97 +0000, you wrote:
>Question:
>
>Are Scirocco's in general (8v) gasoline suckers?  I get a very
>poor fuel economy.  (300km/tank)

YES! Somebody's talking 'bout km's. I don't even have to calculate anything
to understand....

My 8v's best performance yet is 230 km/tank, guess what I was doin'!?"=#)§
But my mechanic tells me there is absolutely nothing to do with the car on
this question. :) He came to the conclusion after being a passanger for a
couple of KMs and after I told him the car eats 7 l/100 km at 120 km/h.

CONCLUSION (don't read the bla-blah above) : get a full tank, drive say 100
km at 120km/h, real calm, no accelerating and fill it. Now you have the most
exact numbers as to km and gasoline and if the car sucked more than 7 per
100 you have got some work to do, otherwise go to a schrink, maybe that will
help!

Bst rgdrs,
Arno