Re: April EC-16V buyer guide

> Another thing...they claim 123 top speed (or 122 depending where you
> look in the article).  Is this true or is this a conservative
> manufacturer's claim?  My 8V does 128 mph on 'die Autobahnen'.
> Maybe I have a taller fifth gear?  Has anyone had their 16V over 123?

Well, no I think you have a normal gearbox (probably), but my 8v
Storm, when it still had its old 1.8l engine would do about 125-130
as you say, but the main reason for this is that the engines have
"loosened up", when new and stock engines are tight and need running
up to get their full potential. It is usually agreed in the UK tuning
trade that a GTi or Scirocco is no good until it has reached approx
50k miles, then it really starts to show it's potential! Run a new
car against exactly the same one with 50k miles on it and the one
with 50k miles will do much much better.
Jeremy R. Bromley       --- Events Manager, Corrado Club of Great Britain
jbromley@enterprise.net     http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/3190

  \  /    1992 Corrado G60 - Aqua Blue, 1.8l, VW Motorsport Pulley & Chip
   \/     1984 Scirocco Storm - Cosmos BLue, Leather, 1.9l BRMotorsport
\  /\  /  1974 Land Rover 88" - Pearl Blue, Awsome Stereo and Pull Power
 \/  \/   1980 Mini 1000 - ----- Black - Girlfriend's Vehicle....
http://homepages.enterprise.net/jbromley-  Come see Me!

ThiS MesSaGE maDe WIth 100% reCYcLed LeTterS....