Re: April EC-16V buyer guide

<< I just got my April issue of EC today.  Yeah yeah the one that you guys
 have received, read, and stuffed into the EC collection by now.  ;-)
 It takes a while for them to get here, unfortunately.  But anyway,
 was anyone else a bit disappointed with the Scirocco 16V buyers' guide?
 I don't think it went far enough in detail about what to look out for.
 Remember the A1 GTi buyers' guide they had a year or two ago?  Now
 THAT was detailed.  I think the 16V article should of been 'cost
 effective Scirocco 16V upgrades', and not referred to as a buyers'
 guide.

 Another thing...they claim 123 top speed (or 122 depending where you
 look in the article).  Is this true or is this a conservative
 manufacturer's claim?  My 8V does 128 mph on 'die Autobahnen'.
 Maybe I have a taller fifth gear?  Has anyone had their 16V over 123?

Yea, I agree about the EC article...they could have done a little more
research and a little less humpin' for advertisers.  BTW, I've only had my 16
valve up to 115, but that was right after I bought it.  Maybe this summer
I'll dial up the shocks and see what It'll do.

Jim