April EC-16V buyer guide

I just got my April issue of EC today.  Yeah yeah the one that you guys
have received, read, and stuffed into the EC collection by now.  ;-)
It takes a while for them to get here, unfortunately.  But anyway,
was anyone else a bit disappointed with the Scirocco 16V buyers' guide?
I don't think it went far enough in detail about what to look out for.
Remember the A1 GTi buyers' guide they had a year or two ago?  Now
THAT was detailed.  I think the 16V article should of been 'cost
effective Scirocco 16V upgrades', and not referred to as a buyers'
guide.

Another thing...they claim 123 top speed (or 122 depending where you
look in the article).  Is this true or is this a conservative
manufacturer's claim?  My 8V does 128 mph on 'die Autobahnen'.
Maybe I have a taller fifth gear?  Has anyone had their 16V over 123?

OK, I'm done now.  ;-)

-Mike
89 Scirocco Scala

-Mike