Re:

----------
> From: aventari <Aventari@cts.com>
> To: scirocco-l@privatei.com
> Date: Thursday, March 13, 1997 4:10 PM
>
> Hey I've got a few questions I'm sure someone could answer.
>
> bat
> alt
> msd
>
> First is about the battery. I've got an '81 which never came with AC.
> Therefore i've got the small battery (group 42 i think). I was wondering
if
> the bigger battery for the 'rocco w/ AC would fit (group 41?). I've
already
> got the big battery, but i havn't tried it yet. Would i need to buy a
> battery tray fror the AC car?  It just looks like a longer battery to
me.

It will fit. I have a BIG interstate in my 80 S it comes perty close to
the fan shroud but
never had a prob.

> Second question.. I need an Alternator, my standard 55 amp bosch w/
blade
> terminals is borderline. I want the 90 amp, but i've near it's the post
> terminals. Would i just have to attach a post termial, or all the wiring
or
> what? Could i buy the 'Massive Overkill Wiring' or equivalant from New
> Dimentions? would that be easy to attach?

Here's the deal TRASH that factory wiring & get the ND harness & poss the
batt cables from them to, that helped my problems quite well. The 90 amp
is post termials
but just tell ND that & they will set you up.
BTW I can get a local rebuilt 90 amp perty resonable

> Okay, last one!
> I can get a used MSD 6A ignition for 80-90 bucks w/o rev limiter. I've
heard
> a hot coil will burn the hall sensor, but i dont know. I've seen A1's
with
> jacobs and stuff that haven't burned it out. I'd like the 6A. But i
could
> also get the MSD 5 (less power) for 80 bucks new, would that be a better
choice?
> And would the MSD be an easy install? thanks.
>
> out of breath
>

> Kevin '81 'rocco S

Iv'e never seen a hot coil burn a hall sensor but ya never know!!
Haven't had much experience w/ MSD but you may want to consider the NOLOGY

coil amp. Shawn tried it & liked it & Iv'e had one on my 16v for quite a
while. There perty cheap $52.95. The wires & plugs work good to it just
adds to the $$$$

POTTERMAN

scirocco-L-request@privateI.com,