Re: New (used) Scirocco...

You wrote:

> My first question for you all is this: the silvering on the exterior mirrors
> is quite deteriorated.  The mirrors from Volkswagen are $107 each.  I can't
> just put a piece of mirror in there, as there's no way to fasten it (and the
> mirrors wouldn't be heated, either).  Is there an aftermarket supply for
> these, or does anyone have a good set of mirror glass that they would like to
> sell?
>
> Thanks
> -- Mike Helms
> tudor@tvo.org

Mike,
	I had the same problem when I bought a used 87
Scirocco. Then it was suggested (by someone on this list, I
cannot recollect the name within this editor) that I go to a mirror
shop and cut one for my size. I did just that. I got a local
store to cut the mirrors for me. Unfortunately they did not
have convex mirrrors for the passenger side.

So the solution I had was to do flat mirrors both side ($20
total) and then a $1.79 stick on 3" round convex for the
the passenger side.

I pulled the mirrors off then they pryed them off and put
theirs in their. They have to be glued in the backing.
It was a simple job.

I will just say that this set up works perfectly for me.
I DON'T have heated mirrors any more, but I can live with
that rather than the 200$ that are needed by VW.

So if this solution is good for you thank(I still cannot
recollect the name) on this list.

	Pushkar Ogale