Re: fenders, and...

>At 10:54 PM 3/13/97 -0700, you wrote:
>
>>still need cat-back  2" or 2.25" or 2.5"   the guys selling in EC say 2"
>>(called 2-3 places that sold systems- TT and such). The guys i'm racing say
>>2.5"  the muffler shop says 'don't matter'  i'm leaning toward what these
>>guys have been racing with  (2.5"), but somthing seems amis...
>>
>>              WHAT DIAM. AM I GOING TO GET?!?!?!?
>

>Save your cash and get the 2" system. It will serve you just fine and for
>less money than the 2-1/4" system. I dont know anybody that makes a 2.5"
>system, at least, not off the top of my head. Most everybody that is
>reputable sells either the 2" or 2-1/4" system's.

Ken's f**ing Muffla!!!! can put 2.5 on a Scirocco (but not a Rabbit, I have
2.5 to the axle, 2.25 over the axle).  Wanna know WHY (in Mannix's opinion,
anyhow) no one sells 2.5 through the mail?  Because the end user has to put
it on, and 2.5" is TIGHT.  Really tight.  It barely fits.  The calls they'd
get about "I can't put it together" would greatly offset the 2-3 additional
horsepower they could claim.  Darrell might end up with 2.25 unless they've
figgered out how to put 2.5 over the axle(he got a GTI), or if he gets
sucked into the trap........the "they advertise, therefore they know all"
trap.  Bah.  Not rocket science.  Trust no one, they're driven by money,
not performance.  Grrrr.  Anyhow, Darrell, if you want to go to the
enginerd library and see what I read, I'd be more than happy to show you.
MBBSS knows something here too - Mark?  Did you look into pipe/vs/power at
one time?  Lemme know.

Mannix (dammit, this stuff is not brainsurgery, goshums go ejdikate
yousself, figger it our on yer own)