Re: fenders, and...

>        Get the 2" the extra cost doesn't justify the very MINIMAL
>performance gains of anything bigger.
>        Save the money on a new downpipe.

What'll he do with the header?  How do you know the gains of a larger
exhaust are minimal?  Curious.  Maybe I'm wrong.  When I looked into it, I
determined that for sheer horsepower, 2.75" would be arguably the best -
but gas velocity started to suffer drastically after that.  See, velocity
and backpressure are two different things - an exhaust can be free flowing,
but have slow velocity/no backpressure.  Better exhaust gas velocity
(smaller pipe) will somewhat enhance torque.  I went for power in mine.  Go
to your local college (there's a big one 5 minutes from here, and I have to
go to it;), the enginerd library should have books all about this - I waded
through them a while ago and then again recently, it seems that in terms of
horsepower, bigger is better, when you put space for the pipe into the
equation.  How much better?  I don't know, that's why I am asking you - how
minimal are the gains?

Mannix