Re: fenders, and...

Here's my .01 cent-worth:
Don't waste your money on an expensive aftermarket, tuner-built system.
That's not to say they are no-good, they're just darn expensive  and give
slightly-better-than-average increases, from what I've seen. I have a local
exhaust guy I use to build a system for me. I've had him do 8 systems to date
(yes, I've had WAY too many cars) and each has given me increases better than
any pre-built, tuner-provided system I've used. At the suggestion of a very
knowlegable VW autocrosser and National Champion I had a 2 1/4" cat-back
system with a Walker Dynomax Ultraflow on the 90 Jetta we had a few years ago
and it worked very well.
I have a 2 1/4" system with the Ultraflow on my ITC Scirocco with the
european manifold and downpipe. It works great. Better than the straight-pipe
we have for it, which we experimented with. I also have an Ultraflow on my
RX-7 and it gave a huge increase. The rotary engines are extremely
exhaust-sensitive, so I think that's a good testimony for this muffler. From
tests I've seen it flows better than anything else and from personal
experience I believe it. They aren't cheap, but I don't like to save money by
buying something that won't work for me.
Find yourself a good performance-oriented shop, though, not just a Midas, and
get him to do a mandrel-bent system.

Todd