Re: hello

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Night Shadow <soltwede@ucsub.Colorado.EDU> wrote:
...I'm currently mating my rust
>bucket 79 to an absolutly beatiful 80 that needs an engine...so maybe we
>can swap stories/problems.....what are your plans for the 78 or 77 that
>your keeping??

Hello!

Thanks for the welcome; I got a good feeling from the list when I first read the
messages and knew I'd like it here!

Plans:  I'd like to restore one car or the other to original, or nearly
original, shape.  Looks like it'll be the '77, but that may change soon.  The
body's better, and the electricals, but the motor's giving me fits.  It's a 1.6L
that supposedly came in the car.  I think I like the wraparound park
light/marker light setup on the '78 better, so I may try to put fenders from a
'78 on it (the '77) when I get around to bodywork.

Right now, it starts and idles, but tries to die when I give it gas, unless I
stomp it to the floor.  Then it runs, but only at higher RPMs.  I thought the
shop had it fixed, but apparently the problem is back.  (They replaced the
distributor.)

Right now, though, I'm swapping exhausts!  I got everything, including the
manifold, from the '78 to put on the '77, which had been "fixed" by the previous
owner.  When I climbed under it (the '77) today, I found missing studs in the
block, and only three nuts on the manifold-to-downpipe thingie.  The rest of the
nuts had been replaced by wire!  Now, I have a stud that's stripped, I guess;
the nut won't come off, and it just spins in the manifold.  Torch time!

After I get this done, I get to start swapping interiors...

Carlee