Re: SWIIF?

>Id appreciate it if you guys would write out your abbreviations from time to
>time,

Well, that'd take the point out of abbreviations, now would'nt it?  I think
there are "netiquitte" pages about the net, look at college homepages,
where all sorts of morons are trying to figure this out - oh, try
www.dumbass.com.  There you go;).

 becuase I have NO idea what they are (except for IMHO) and it would
>help me better understand what you're trying to say.
>
>Thanks!  ;-)

Ok, kidding aside, here are a few I use.

ROTFL - rolling on the floor laughing, other variations of that one exist,
but you (I) can normally contextually gather what the person is trying to
say.

IMNotSoHumbleOpinion - IMNSHO - people seem to use this to say "I am right,
you are wrong."  Ok, I don't use all of these.

WRT - with regard to

AFAIK - as far as I know

WTF - check out dumbass.com if you can't figure that one out, OK?

IME - in my experience, I only know one person who uses it, don't know if
he's just trying to be clever.

YMMV - your mileage may vary.

That's all I can think about, and truly, go to college pages, find one of
those "welcome to nerdville" FAQs (frequently asked questions) about
acronyms - I found one, mainly after asking on Usenet what the fuck all
that stuff meant, and being usenet, I got a LOT of "figure it out for
yourself" posts.

Mannix (*really* hope you don't need dumbass.com;)